We are no longer accepting proposals for QB Convene. We will contact selectees in late January.
We are excited to offer the QuestBridge community a chance to drive the content of QB Convene by presenting on a topic that you are passionate about. You are invited to submit a proposal for a breakout session for the opportunity to present to QuestBridge Scholars and Alumni at QB Convene in March 2022. Read the information below to learn more and submit your proposal by January 10, 2022. If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com.
Any current QuestBridge Scholar or Alum is eligible to submit a proposal or be a co-presenter.
- December 10, 2021: Deadline to request a co-presenter.
- January 10, 2022: Deadline to submit proposal.
- January 24, 2022: Selectees notified.
- February – March 2022: QuestBridge Staff will help selectees identify potential panelists and finalize content.
- March 12, 2022: Sessions are presented at QB Convene.
Sessions will be a total of 50 minutes, including Q&A, and can be in any of the following formats:
- Presentation: Presenter(s) focus on a specific topic, followed by audience Q&A and discussion (recommend total of 1-3 speakers)
- Panel: A moderator leads a discussion with a panel of up to 3 panelists (recommended total of 2-4 speakers)
- Other: Propose a format that is a good fit for your session.
- Money and financial planning
- Social impact
- Creating your community
- Career advancement and pivots
- Other topics relevant to our community or current events
We are looking for proposals that:
- Have content that provides interest, value, and relevance to QuestBridge Scholars and Alumni.
- Share a particular set of knowledge and experiences about one of our QB Convene topics or demonstrate a willingness to explore and learn about them.
Examples of past sessions
- Reimagine Networking: Creating Genuine Connections
- Racial Justice: What Does it Look Like & How Do We Get There
- When Your Plans Change: Making a Career Transition
- Real Talk: Coping Through COVID and Making It Work
- Federal Immigration Law and Its Impacts on Immigrant Students and Their Families
- Family Values: Reflections on How Your Childhood Can Impact Your Parenting
- You Belong: Navigating Fear and Doubt in the Academy
Submit a proposal
As part of the proposal, you will be asked to include information about your session, including the topic, title, description, format, relevant experience, and co-presenter(s) contact details (if applicable). If you have a co-presenter(s), you should only submit one proposal. All presenters will receive a modest honorarium for their time and contribution to QB Convene.
Note: Your proposal does not have to be fully finalized upon submission. Selectees will have a month to refine their content with the support of QuestBridge Staff.
Call for proposals deadline: Monday, January 10, 2022